Private Client work is a key area of practice at Everys. The department is the largest in the firm and the team deals with a broad range of work. Our clients include farmers, landowners and High Net Worth (HNW) Individuals, which gives us a client base to rival any firm in the South West. We are proud of our inclusive team ethos with everyone working together to achieve a high-quality service for clients and colleagues.
As a consequence of the continuing volume of high-quality work, an opportunity for an experienced fee earner has arisen in our Private Client Department. The role is likely to suit an experienced lawyer who is looking to take on and process an exciting client portfolio.
The successful candidate will be required to provide an important contribution to the work of the Private Client Department and be used to assisting with private client work at a technical level. They will also be required to support the on-going growth and development of the department’s activities and expected to contribute to the growth of the client work and fee income.
The candidate will need to work effectively with clients, and other members of the Private Client Department. The candidate will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with a wide range of work whilst complying with procedures and working practices.
The candidate will need to be able to work confidently with minimal supervision and be able to produce documents and correspondence through the use of our case management system. The candidate may also be required to supervise, support and mentor more junior members of the team.
- Advising on and preparing Wills and Codicils
- Preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Assisting on other matters affecting HNW clients, such as trusts, foreign aspects, BPR and APR etc.
- If necessary, liaising with medical capacity experts
- Assisting with Court of Protection applications (Deputyships and others)
- Providing advice on care fees and related elderly client issues
- The administration of estate (both taxable and non-taxable)
- Providing inheritance tax planning and family succession advice
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the department
Skills/ Knowledge/ Experience
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of successfully working in a Private Client Department undertaking the work above
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Excellent IT skills including the use of case management software and excel
- Ability to produce work that is accurate and presented in a well-ordered manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Clear concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements (for example Lexcel compliance) and firm’s internal procedures, together with meeting all compliance and quality targets
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills with a focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas and offices
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach, which demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day-to-day basis
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to Mrs Jo Garrod, Head of HR: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An opportunity has arisen to recruit a senior lawyer within our Commercial Department specialising in Commercial Property law.
This is a key role, making significant contribution to the overall work of the Commercial Department by creating opportunities for on-going growth and development of this area of law. Expertise and previous experience in team management would be a distinct advantage for this role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working team player who has excellent attention to detail and a ‘can do’ approach to work. You must be confident in your skills with a demonstrable ability to manage your files independently.
You will build excellent relationships with our clients, dealing promptly with all client enquiries and correspondence as well as maintaining effective communication with partners and other members of the team.
Commercial Property – to include landlord and tenant work; acquisitions and disposals of businesses; acquisition and disposal of freeholds/leaseholds; development work and plot sales. Buying and selling small/medium size businesses through asset or share sales, advising on partnership agreements.
Experience in agriculture and rural affairs; in particular, the purchase and disposal of rural property, development, energy/communications in addition to commercial property would be beneficial.
Skills/Knowledge & Experience
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent proven technical knowledge and track record of a broad range of commercial property experience. Potential to be considered as ‘a subject matter expert’;
- Experience of team management and/or supervision of others would be a distinct advantage;
- Proven successful track record of the full range of business development and marketing activities aimed at increasing fee income, raising your own profile and that of the business;
- Experience in developing and leading strategies and action plans for building and growing a practice area;
- An ability to be actively involved in the local community and able to draw business from the local community;
- A strong focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills;
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment;
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas and offices;
- Ability to meet financial and non-financial targets together with other broader objectives set for successful performance of this role;
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements; for example, Lexcel compliance, and the firm’s internal procedures, together with meeting all compliance and quality targets;
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach which demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day to day basis;
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent IT skills including the use of case management software;
- Ability to produce work which is accurate and presented in a well ordered manner;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively get involved in the continuous improvement of services, products and processes;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Commercial Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. We are proud of our inclusive team ethos with everyone working together to achieve a high quality service for clients and colleagues.
If you are looking for a new challenge, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Everys’ Family Department has experienced lawyers specialising in matters involving children, divorce, separation, property disputes, business or personal safety issues.
Everys is proud of its inclusive team ethos with everyone working together to achieve a high quality service for clients and colleagues. (more…)