An opportunity has arisen to recruit a senior lawyer within our Commercial Department specialising in Commercial Property law.
This is a key role, making significant contribution to the overall work of the Commercial Department by creating opportunities for on-going growth and development of this area of law. Expertise and previous experience in team management would be a distinct advantage for this role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working team player who has excellent attention to detail and a ‘can do’ approach to work. You must be confident in your skills with a demonstrable ability to manage your files independently.
You will build excellent relationships with our clients, dealing promptly with all client enquiries and correspondence as well as maintaining effective communication with partners and other members of the team.
Commercial Property – to include landlord and tenant work; acquisitions and disposals of businesses; acquisition and disposal of freeholds/leaseholds; development work and plot sales. Buying and selling small/medium size businesses through asset or share sales, advising on partnership agreements.
Experience in agriculture and rural affairs; in particular, the purchase and disposal of rural property, development, energy/communications in addition to commercial property would be beneficial.
Skills/Knowledge & Experience
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent proven technical knowledge and track record of a broad range of commercial property experience. Potential to be considered as ‘a subject matter expert’;
- Experience of team management and/or supervision of others would be a distinct advantage;
- Proven successful track record of the full range of business development and marketing activities aimed at increasing fee income, raising your own profile and that of the business;
- Experience in developing and leading strategies and action plans for building and growing a practice area;
- An ability to be actively involved in the local community and able to draw business from the local community;
- A strong focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills;
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment;
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas and offices;
- Ability to meet financial and non-financial targets together with other broader objectives set for successful performance of this role;
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements; for example, Lexcel compliance, and the firm’s internal procedures, together with meeting all compliance and quality targets;
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach which demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day to day basis;
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent IT skills including the use of case management software;
- Ability to produce work which is accurate and presented in a well ordered manner;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively get involved in the continuous improvement of services, products and processes;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Commercial Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. We are proud of our inclusive team ethos with everyone working together to achieve a high quality service for clients and colleagues.
If you are looking for a new challenge, please send your CV to email@example.com.