Owing to volume of work, we currently have vacancies for experienced Conveyancing Secretaries/Assistants in each of our Sidmouth, Exmouth, Honiton and Taunton offices.
The roles require organised individuals with excellent audio typing skills. You will be confident managing a busy workload and must be able to use your own initiative and work well under pressure. You will also support members of the Residential Conveyancing Department on a remote basis by means of winscribe digital dictation together with assisting with Reception cover (in your place of work) at lunchtime and in the event of absence.
The successful candidate will need to be able to:
- Assist in the progression of a conveyancing transaction to include:
- Exchanging contracts and dealing with completions; Preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds and correspondence; Dealing with completion statements; Raising solicitors invoices; Drawing up contracts; Taking instructions from and liaising with clients; Undertake on-line searches; and Complete Land Registry and SDLT forms on-line
- Provide secretarial assistance to residential conveyancing lawyers based in your place of work and remotely as required
- Participate in rotas for the purposes of Reception/Post cover
- Deal with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up to date information
- Produce documents using the Firm’s case management software
- Demonstrate good administrative skills with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate good organisation skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
- Be receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by immediate supervisor
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and PowerPoint)
These are excellent opportunities to become integral members of our Residential Conveyancing Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge, please send your CV to email@example.com.