Owing to the volume of work, we currently have a vacancy for an experienced Conveyancing Paralegal in our Taunton office. This role is office based.
You will be confident managing a busy workload and must be able to use your own initiative and work well under pressure. You will also support members of the Residential Conveyancing Department, who may themselves be working on a remote basis, by means of Winscribe digital dictation together with assisting with Reception cover (in your place of work) at lunchtime and in the event of absence.
The successful candidate will need to be able to assist in the progression of a conveyancing transaction, including:
- Exchanging contracts and dealing with completions; Preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds, and correspondence; Dealing with completion statements; Raising solicitors invoices; Drawing up contracts; Taking instructions from and liaising with clients; Undertaking online searches, and Completing Land Registry and SDLT forms online;
- Providing secretarial assistance to residential conveyancing lawyers;
- Dealing with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate, and up-to-date information;
- Producing documents using the Firm’s case management software.
The successful candidate must also:
- Demonstrate good administrative skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrate good organisation skills;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities;
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department;
- Be receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by the immediate supervisor;
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint); and
- Participate in rotas for the purposes of Reception/Post cover.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Residential Conveyancing Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge, please send your CV to email@example.com.