Lisa Miller is a matrimonial solicitor, who specialises in divorce, financial settlement and children matters. Lisa also has experience in non-molestation applications, cohabitation agreements and pre and post-nuptial agreements.
Lisa is a member of Resolution and is committed to their Code of Practice which, amongst other things, aims to reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation to effectively settle matters.
Lisa joined Everys in 2020, and prior to this was a matrimonial solicitor at another regional firm. Lisa is based at our Taunton office but is more than happy to travel to other offices to assist clients.
Lisa understands that when clients seek her services they are often going through a very emotional and/or stressful time. Knowing how important it is for her clients to feel trust and to be able to confide in her, Lisa takes the time to build rapport with her clients right from the start.
In her spare time, Lisa enjoys spending time in the countryside with her family (including the dog!). She loves to travel and experience new places.
- Lisa represented a father in successfully locating his child after the mother moved herself and the child out of the country without warning to the father. Lisa also successfully obtained the father parental responsibility.
- Lisa represented a wife in matrimonial proceedings to ensure she obtained a significant share of the husband’s high net worth pensions and assets.
- Lisa represented a husband in what had begun as highly contested and emotional matrimonial proceedings and was able to settle the matter efficiently to ensure the husband sufficiently protected his assets.
- Lisa represented and supported a mother, who was the victim of a serious violent assault by her child’s father, in securing a no-contact order between the father and the child.
Moira Reynolds is a Partner and Head of the Family Department and is available to see clients at all our offices.
Moira is a pragmatic and tenacious lawyer who has been recognised in the Legal 500. She advises on all aspects of relationship breakdown; whether that relates to a marriage, civil partnership or cohabiting couples, and includes financial settlements, child contact and abuse within a relationship. She also advises those considering a future with their partner on cohabitation agreements and pre and post-nuptial agreements.
Moira is a technically excellent lawyer and has particular expertise in dealing with complex and/or high net worth financial matters which have a business or pension element. She advises clients who have built up considerable NHS/Forces/Police Service pensions, and those who have worked in industry for many years. She focuses on the strategic elements of the case with a determined emphasis on an effective resolution.
Moira prides herself on listening to her clients and fully understanding their position. Having worked in Family Law since 2000, and qualifying as a solicitor in 2005, Moira has developed a vast knowledge base and an ability to empathise with her clients. Knowing that trust is a vital ingredient in the client/lawyer relationship, Moira ensures that she develops a strong connection with her clients, helping them to feel in control and able to make informed decisions that are right for them.
Providing constructive support and expert advice, Moira strongly believes that, where possible, separating couples should try and resolve the issues between themselves as amicably as possible, particularly where there are children involved.
In her spare time, Moira enjoys all things music related: concerts, festivals and shows, and spending time with her family and dogs.
Moira is a member of Resolution, the national organisation for Family Lawyers.
- Moira represented a father in a parental alienation matter where all contact had been stopped. She restored overnight and holiday contact with a Contact Order.
- Moira represented a wife in financial relief proceedings where the husband had failed to disclose full financial details. She secured 70% of the equity in the former matrimonial home, a share of the pension and Wasted Costs Order.
- Moira represented a wife who had been subject to threats of harm. She secured a two-year Non-Molestation Order.
- Moira represented a husband in financial relief proceedings where the wife had a significant income and pension provision. She secured property from a property portfolio, capitalised maintenance payments and a share of the pension.
Please call Moira on either:
Exeter 01392 848925 or Taunton 01823 362892