We currently have a full-time vacancy for an experienced Family Secretary in our Exeter office. Our Family Department has a highly regarded childcare team and specialists dealing with a broad range of work including advice on divorce, separation, children, domestic abuse, and financial matters arising from relationship breakdown. We are proud of our inclusive team ethos with everyone working together to achieve a high-quality service for clients and colleagues.
We are looking for an organised individual with previous family/childcare experience. You will be confident managing a busy workload in a fast-paced environment with the ability to use your own initiative and work well under pressure. The role also includes the need to support members of the Family Department on a remote basis by means of winscribe digital dictation.
You will also be required to assist with the provision of cover on our Reception desk and general office duties that might be assigned to you.
The successful candidate will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent secretarial and typing skills (both audio and copy typing) with good attention to detail
- Manage a busy workload using own initiative
- Demonstrate previous experience in the use of digital dictation and case management software
- Manage fee earners’ diaries
- Demonstrate good organisation skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Previous legal secretarial experience is essential
- Previous family experience is preferable
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Family Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly atmosphere. If you are a competent legal secretary looking for a new challenge please send your CV to email@example.com