Kris Seed is an impressive lawyer who relishes any challenge put before her. With over 25 years’ experience, she has dealt with many contentious matters and has had numerous cases reported. Her approach is to stay focused and objective which enables her to obtain favourable results.
Kris joined Everys in 2016 and specialises in advising family businesses and farm owners on the protection of assets from the impact of relationship breakdown.
She also advises on:
- Divorce and financial settlements;
- High net worth financial disputes;
- Pre / post-nuptial agreements to preserve wealth;
- Co-habitation agreements to avoid property disputes;
- Resolving property disputes between unmarried couples;
- Child maintenance and other child related matters;
- Children disputes; and
Kris’s experience includes:
- Advising a wife whose husband failed to provide full and accurate disclosure of his financial circumstances – obtaining the relevant information to ensure a fair settlement and ultimately making an application for his committal to prison;
- Acting for a husband whose family company was part-owned by him and his wife – securing the transfer of the wife’s shares to him and a clean-break settlement; and
- Helping a client preserve his valuable navy pension, built up during the 25 years after he separated from his wife despite her subsequent financial application to the court 22 years after their divorce.