Hours: Full Time
Location: Exmouth Office
Private Client work is a key area of practice at Everys and it is the largest department in the firm. Our clients including farmers, landowners and High Net Worth Individuals which gives us a client base to rival any firm in the South West. Our Private Client department deals with a broad range of work and comprises twenty seven members of staff; including both fee earning and support staff. We are proud of our inclusive team ethos with everyone working together to achieve a high quality service for clients and colleagues.
Owing to the continuing volume of high quality work, an opportunity for an experienced Lawyer has arisen in our Private Client Department. The role is likely to suit a Solicitor or FILEX with at least 3 years PQE who is looking to develop their career and to take on and grow an exciting client portfolio.
The successful candidate will be required to provide an important contribution to the work of the Private Client Department supporting the on-going growth and development of the department’s activities, and contributing to the growth of client work and fee income.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience to be able to lead our team of 4 fee earners in the Exmouth office by assisting with supervision, work allocation and general team management in co-operation with the Head of Department. They will also be expected to take an active role in business development both through their own activities and by co-ordinating the business development for the team.
You will need to work effectively with clients, and other members of the private client department. You will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with a wide range of work whilst complying with procedures and working practices.
You will need to be able to work confidently with minimal supervision and be able to produce documents and correspondence through use of our case management system.
- Advising on and preparing Wills and Codicils
- Providing inheritance tax planning advice
- Preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Providing advice on care fees and related elderly client issues
- The administration of estates (both taxable and non-taxable)
- Assisting on other matters affecting HNW client such as trusts, foreign aspects, etc.
- Ideally the ability to lead and supporting the team of Fee Earners and Support Staff
- To be actively involved in business development and marketing opportunities
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of successfully working in a private client department undertaking this nature of work
- A focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Successful track record of involvement in both marketing initiatives and activities aimed at increasing fee income and raising own profile and that of the business
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas and offices.
- Ability to meet financial and non-financial targets together with other broader objectives set for successful performance of this role.
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements; for example, Lexcel compliance, and firm’s internal procedures together with meeting all compliance and quality targets.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach which demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day to day basis
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including the use of case management software
- Ability to produce work which is accurate and presented in a well ordered manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively get involved in the continuous improvement of services, products and processes
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Private Client Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge please send your CV to email@example.com