Hours: Full Time
Everys has been providing high quality legal advice to families and businesses across the region for many years. Offering a full range of legal services delivered professionally yet personally, we place great value on the on-going relationships we have with our clients. We always provide a welcoming and helpful service, with clear communication at the heart of everything we do.
We believe in developing and maintaining strong links with the communities in which we work and live and are strong supporters of a wide range of sporting and charitable organisation across Devon and Somerset.
We are proud of our inclusive team ethos with everyone working together to achieve a high quality service for clients and colleagues.
Everys Residential Conveyancing Department is committed to getting the job right by taking the time to get to know the client and understanding each unique situation. Work in the Department includes buying and selling, starting out, buy to let, remortgaging, equity release or investing in a new home. Our clients can rely on honest, practical and imaginative solutions, in plain English. Our friendly and local approach means that wherever possible we offer direct access to the person conducting each file for all of our clients.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced residential conveyancer to join our Exmouth office. The successful candidate will joining a high performing team and will be required to provide an important contribution to the work of the Residential Conveyancing Department supporting the on-going growth and development of the department’s activities, and contributing to the growth of client work and fee income.
It is likely that you will be at least 3 years PQE or have a similar level of experience as you will be required to successfully manage your own caseload working confidently with minimal supervision and be able to produce the majority of your own documents and correspondence through use of our case management system.
You will need to work effectively with clients, and other members of the residential conveyancing department. You will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with a wide range of work whilst complying with procedures and working practices.
- You must be experienced in running your own caseload with minimal supervision
- You will be required to undertake residential conveyancing work providing a speedy, efficient and accurate service to our clients making best use of the technology in place
- You will also be required to work with a team of Conveyancers implementing and maintaining procedures to ensure a streamlined and effective working practice s
- You will be required to introduce new business by developing and maintaining business relationships with referrers in this area of work and this locality. This particularly relates to the introduction and increase of private residential conveyancing work.
- You are also likely to be required to increase the firm’s panel membership work and maintain business relationships with the relevant organisations.
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of successfully working in a residential conveyancing department undertaking this nature of work
- A focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Successful track record of involvement in both marketing initiatives and activities aimed at increasing fee income and raising own profile and that of the business
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas and offices.
- Ability to meet financial and non-financial targets together with other broader objectives set for successful performance of this role.
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements; for example, Lexcel compliance, and firm’s internal procedures together with meeting all compliance and quality targets.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach which demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day to day basis
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills including the use of case management software
- Ability to produce work which is accurate and presented in a well ordered manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively get involved in the continuous improvement of services, products and processes
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Residential Conveyancing Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org