We have a vacancy for a Secretary/Admin Assistant in our Exeter office. This role is full-time (5 days each week) working the following hours 8.30 am to 5.30 pm with a one-hour lunch break Monday to Friday inclusive.
We are looking for an organised individual. You will report to our Office Co-Ordinator and will receive support and training in order for you to manage a busy workload with the ability to use your own initiative and work well under pressure.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide secretarial/administrative support to all legal departments based in the Exeter office. Previous secretarial experience is therefore preferable;
- Successfully undertake general office-based administrative duties to include (although not limited to) all postal related duties at the beginning and end of each day, scanning all incoming post for each department, file opening, closing and archiving, banking and petty cash, purchase of office supplies and general admin related duties to ensure the smooth running of the office;
- Welcome callers to the office in a friendly and professional manner ensuring the person for whom they are visiting is notified as quickly as possible;
- Answering incoming calls by means of our centralised telephone system dealing with calls in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner taking accurate details and either placing the call or passing the details on as quickly as possible;
- Deal with card payments/ID from callers to the office;
- Demonstrate good organisation skills;
- Manage conflicting demands in a professional and calm manner;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities;
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the office; and
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Excel).
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Exeter office and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge please send your CV together with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org