We have a vacancy for a full-time secretary supporting two/three fee earners in our Private Client Department. Private Client work is a key area of practice at Everys. Our clients include farmers, landowners, and High Net Worth Individuals which gives us a client base to rival any firm in the South West. The department deals with a broad range of work and comprises eighteen members of staff, including both fee earning and support staff.
We are able to offer a flexible location in one of our East Devon offices and a competitive salary. This role will require an organised individual with excellent audio typing skills. You will be confident managing a busy workload and must be able to use your own initiative and work well under pressure. The role also includes the need to support members of the Private Client Department on a remote basis by means of winscribe digital dictation together with assisting with Reception cover at lunchtime and in the event of absence.
The successful candidate will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent secretarial and typing skills with good attention to detail
- Demonstrate previous experience in the use of digital dictation and case management software
- Demonstrate flexibility by assisting with typing for all members of the department by means of digital dictation on a remote basis when required
- Manage fee earners’ electronic diaries
- Demonstrate good organisational skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Previous legal secretarial experience is essential
- Previous Private Client experience is preferable
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Private Client Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly atmosphere. If you are a competent legal secretary looking for a new challenge please send your CV to email@example.com.