Everys’ Family Department has experienced lawyers specialising in matters involving children, divorce, separation, property disputes, business or personal safety issues.
Everys is proud of its inclusive team ethos with everyone working together to achieve a high quality service for clients and colleagues.
We currently have a full-time, office-based, vacancy for an experienced, motivated and energetic Senior Matrimonial Lawyer to join our Family Team. Whilst the role is primarily Exeter based, the successful candidate must also be able to work from any of our office locations if required to do so for the successful performance of this role.
You will be required to provide an important contribution to the work of the Family Department supporting the on-going growth and development of the department’s activities, and contributing to the growth of client work and fee income. You will be required to introduce new business by developing and maintaining business relationships with referrers in your area of work and the locality in which you are based.
You will be working within a friendly and progressive firm who aim to provide approachable cost effective but profitable solutions to its clients. We aim to achieve excellence and specialist accreditation where possible.
It would be advantageous to be on the Law Society’s Family Law Panel, and a Resolution accredited specialist.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and profitably with minimal supervision and be able to produce the majority of your own documents and correspondence through use of our case management system.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the following:
- Middle and high net worth matrimonial cases including pensions, businesses, inherited wealth and maintenance
- Judicial Separation
- Civil Partnerships
- Financial provision
- Cohabitee Agreements and Separations/TOLATAs
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial Agreements
- Advocacy for directions, FDA and FDR
- Domestic Abuse
- Ability to deal with offshore assets and foreign divorces
- Have a full Driving Licence as you will need to be able to work from different locations as the business need requires
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent proven technical knowledge and track records of a broad range of experience in this nature of work. Potential to be considered as ‘a subject matter expert’;
- Proven successful track record of the full range of business development and marketing activities aimed at increasing fee income, raising your own profile and that of the business;
- An ability to be actively involved in the local community and able to draw business from the local community;
- A strong focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills;
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment;
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within a wider team and across all practice areas and offices;
- Ability to meet financial and non-financial targets together with other broader objectives set for successful performance of this role;
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements; for example, Lexcel compliance, and firm’s internal procedures together with meeting all compliance and quality targets;
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach which demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day to day basis;
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent IT skills including the use of case management software;
- Ability to produce work which is accurate and presented in a well ordered manner;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively get involved in the continuous improvement of services, products and processes; and
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Family Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.