Location: Taunton Office
We currently have a full-time vacancy for a Receptionist/Secretary. We are looking for an organised individual with previous Reception experience; preferably in a legal environment. You will be confident managing a busy workload with the ability to use your own initiative and work well under pressure. The role will also include providing secretarial assistance for legal departments both within the office and by remote digital dictation across the firm.
The successful candidate will need to be able to:
- Provide cover on Reception by meeting and greeting all callers to the office and undertake general administrative duties including, for example, post/DX opening and distribution in the morning and preparation for collection in the evening, file opening and closing, logging, storing and retrieving files/deeds/wills, stationery ordering, banking, preparation of payments by BACs or TT, cheque preparation, printing and obtaining signature, petty cash, purchasing office supplies and providing refreshment for clients if necessary
- Take a pro-active approach to ensure that secretarial assistance is provided by means of digital dictation. This is an important element of the role and the successful candidate is required to demonstrate good secretarial and typing skills with good attention to detail
- Demonstrate good organisational skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the office
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint)
- Previous experience in a similar role in a legal environment would be an advantage although full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Taunton office and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org