FARMING & RURAL BUSINESS
YOUR EVERYS EXPERTS
Sometimes the only way rural businesses can stay in business is to constantly look for ways to develop and that often means expansion and diversification. It can be difficult to look at the bigger picture when you are dealing with the day-to-day running of your business, so you will need a legal team that consists of commercial and rural experts.
Everys agricultural and rural team speak the same language as you and are highly accredited by the Agriculture Law Association. We have local, specialist knowledge and understand how the agricultural sector works because we have worked within it for so many years.
Whether you are a sole trading business, a family-run farm or a large company, we can guide you through all stages of business life including suitable tax-efficient trading structures, joint ventures, re-financing and reorganisation of businesses and assets, restructuring of farms, mergers and contracting-out of farming operations agreements.
We buy and sell:
- Farms and Farmland – Involving rights of way, easements, restrictive covenants, right above and below the land, adverse possession and proprietary estoppel, share and contract farming, leases and licences.
- Development Land – Residential and commercial, involving promotion agreements, options, conditional sale contracts and overage.
- Amenity Land – Woodland, livery yards, activity leisure pursuits, fishing, wind farms and renewables.
- Food & Drinks Businesses – Supply chains, brand protection and food regulation are key concerns for the family business looking to grow.
- Retail Businesses – Farm shops, farmers markets and e-commerce have all been major growth areas.
- Leisure Businesses – Hotels, restaurants, fish farms, riding and outdoor activities play a major part in the economy of the South West.
Rural economies throughout Europe, not just the UK, have been neglected politically for years, and the people living and working in them are angry and upset for having been ignored. From Brexit in the UK, the “Gilets Jaunes” movement in France and the Five Star government in Italy, to the growing tensions in Spain, Austria, Germany and Eastern Europe, the status quo has been rejected.
Read more about our support for the Sustainable Food Trust, and listen to our latest series of podcasts with farmers, rural businesses, scientists and others, so that we can all learn more about each other’s businesses, share ideas and support what we all demand.