Commercial Property work is a key area of practice at Everys. Everys has traditionally been strong in the farming sector and this has expanded to include commercial property work of all kinds. It encompasses not only buying and selling farms, but also the development of land and buildings, including options and overage. We act for large estates and small farms, as well as large and small commercial property owners and developers outside the farming sector. The Taunton office has employed one fee earner covering both commercial/agriculture and commercial property work since March of this year and he has need of additional fee earning and admin support for the commercial property work.
We are looking for a bright, organised and motivated paralegal to join our Commercial Property department. The successful candidate will find that the quality of work is high and will actively contribute to its growth and development.
It is important that the successful candidate has experience of working with clients and actively enjoys it. The ability to be able to communicate with clients is essential; managing their expectations is key. This demands prompt and frequent communication to ensure clients know the progress of their transaction in order to attain the desired outcome within the time frame required. Repeat business is the best business.
You will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with a wide range of commercial property work under supervision and to comply with our procedures and working practices, but we expect you to aim to work both as part of a team and on your own as quickly as you feel able. In short, our aim is to be as flexible as possible, so that you have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
Initially to administer, progress, complete and register commercial conveyancing transactions including:
- Making searches
- Making enquiries
- Drafting commercial conveyancing contracts using SCPC
- Drafting option and overage agreements or deeds
- Investigating title
- Drafting reports on title
- Drafting transfers
- Drafting deeds of easement and covenant
- Drafting commercial leases under the LTA 1954 and/or tenancies at will etc
- Making requisitions
- Liaising with lenders and complying with their requirements
- Completing commercial property transactions
- Attending to all land registrations and dealing with any requisitions from the Land Registry
- Attending to all file management matters
- Liaising with clients and taking instructions
- Provide secretarial/administrative assistance to all members of the team based in Taunton
In as short a period of time as you and we feel comfortable with:
- Taking instructions and managing/controlling client commercial property transactions, freehold and leasehold
- Assisting in larger farm and commercial property sales and purchases and more complex boundary/covenant/easement issues
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to degree level or extensive work based experience
- Excellent IT skills to include the use of case management software
- Experience of working in a commercial environment undertaking this nature of work would be preferable
- A focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas and offices
- Ability to meet financial and non-financial targets together with other broader objectives set for successful performance of this role
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements; for example, Lexcel compliance, and the firm’s internal procedures together with meeting all compliance and quality targets
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach which demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day to day basis
- The ability to undertake research, produce required reports and deal with complex documents
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce work which is accurate and presented in a well ordered manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively get involved in the continuous improvement of services, products and processes
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Commercial Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment.
If you are looking for a new challenge please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.