Conveyancing Paralegal – Full time, Honiton
Owing to the volume of work, we currently have a vacancy for an experienced Conveyancing Paralegal in our Honiton office. This role is office-based.
You will be confident managing a busy workload and must be able to use your initiative and work well under pressure. You will also support members of the Residential Conveyancing Department, who may themselves work in a different office, using winscribe digital dictation together with assisting with Reception cover (in your place of work) at lunchtime and in the event of absence.
The successful candidate will need to be able to assist in the progression of a conveyancing transaction to include:
- Exchanging contracts and dealing with completions; Preparing contracts, transfers, trust deeds, and correspondence; Dealing with completion statements; Raising invoices; Drawing up contracts; Taking instructions from and liaising with clients; Undertaking online searches; and completing Land Registry and SDLT forms on-line
- Providing secretarial assistance to residential conveyancing lawyers based in your place of work and remotely as required
- Participating in rotas for Reception/Post-cover
- Confidently dealing with telephone calls providing clear, accurate, and up-to-date information
- Producing documents using the firm’s case management software
- Demonstrating good administrative skills with good attention to detail
- Demonstrating good organisation skills
- Demonstrating effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Coping well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
- Taking a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
- Being receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by your immediate supervisor
- Being competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and PowerPoint)
These are excellent opportunities to become integral members of our Residential Conveyancing Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.