Family Lawyer – Crewkerne
Our Family Department has accredited lawyers specialising in a broad range of work including advice on divorce, separation, children, domestic abuse, and financial matters arising from relationship breakdown.
We currently have a full-time vacancy for an ambitious and energetic Family Lawyer to join our Family Team based in our Crewkerne office. The successful candidate is likely to be a qualified Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive with 3-5 years’ experience and they will have the opportunity to work from any of our office locations for the successful performance of this role.
You will be required to provide an important contribution to the work of the Family Department supporting the ongoing growth and development of the department’s activities and contributing to the growth of client work and fee income. You will be required to introduce new business by developing and maintaining business relationships with referrers in your area of work and the locality in which you are based.
You will be working within a friendly and progressive team who aim to provide approachable cost-effective but profitable solutions to its clients. We aim to achieve excellence and specialist accreditation where possible.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and profitably with minimal supervision and be able to produce the majority of your own documents and correspondence through the use of our case management system.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the following:
- Children and Childcare
- Divorce and middle net-worth matrimonial cases including pensions, businesses, inherited wealth, and maintenance
- Judicial Separation
- Civil Partnerships
- Financial provision
- Cohabitee Agreements and Separations/TOLATAs
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial Agreements
- Advocacy for directions, FDA and FDR
- Domestic Abuse
- Have a full Driving Licence as you will need to be able to work from different locations as the business need requires
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent technical knowledge and track records of a broad range of experience in this nature of work. Potential to be considered as ‘a subject matter expert’
- You will be required to engage with a full range of business development and marketing activities aimed at increasing fee income, and raising your own profile and that of the business
- An ability to be actively involved in the local community and able to draw business from the local community
- A strong focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas and offices
- Ability to meet financial and non-financial targets together with other broader objectives set for the successful performance of this role
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements; for example, Lexcel compliance, and the firm’s internal procedures together with meeting all compliance and quality targets
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach that demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day-to-day basis
- Clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including the use of case management software
- Ability to produce work that is accurate and presented in a well-ordered manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Forward-thinking with a willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively get involved in the continuous improvement of services, products, and processes
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Family Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge, please send your CV to email@example.com.