We currently have a vacancy for a Conveyancing Assistant/Secretary in our Sidmouth office. Hours are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with one hour for lunch Monday to Friday inclusive. We are looking for an organised individual with previous legal and conveyancing experience, confident managing a busy workload in a fast-paced environment with the ability to use own initiative and work well under pressure.
The successful candidate will need to be able to assist in the progression of a conveyancing transaction to include:
- Exchanging contracts and dealing with completions;
- Preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds and correspondence;
- Dealing with completion statements;
- Raising solicitors invoices;
- Drawing up contracts;
- Taking instructions from and liaising with clients;
- Undertake on-line searches, and Complete Land Registry and SDLT forms on-line;
- Provide secretarial assistance to residential conveyancing lawyers based in the Sidmouth office;
- Participate in rotas for the purposes of Reception/Post/DX cover;
- Deal with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up-to-date information;
- Produce documents using the firm’s case management software;
- Demonstrate good administrative skills with good attention to detail;
- Demonstrate good organisation skills;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities;
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department;
- Be receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by immediate supervisor; and
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint).
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Sidmouth office and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge, please send your CV to email@example.com.