Janet Keirle is a Chartered Legal Executive working in the Commercial/Agricultural Property department based in Taunton. Janet joined Everys in 2019 and works alongside Andrew Green. Janet originally trained in residential property but moved to Commercial/Agricultural legal practice over 12 years ago.
Janet specialises in the sale and purchase of agricultural property and land; Landlord and Tenant, including leases for Commercial clients; and the sale and purchase of businesses. She has a pro-active, can-do attitude, and a friendly nature.
James Cleveland is a Partner and Head of the Commercial Property Team specialising in development and strategic land.
James acts for residential developers and landowners in relation to the purchase and sale of land for residential development. He also advises on the terms of conditional contracts, promotion agreements, option agreements, and overage agreements.
In addition, James is an expert in a range of commercial property transactions including business sales and acquisitions, commercial leases and non-standard residential transactions.
Prior to joining Everys in early 2020, James was a partner at another regional firm and has advised on numerous major projects and PLC housebuilder acquisitions.
- Landowners: acting for a landowner entering into an option agreement with a major housebuilder for around 850 houses.
- PLC housebuilder: serial acquisitions and sales of affordable housing including golden brick and turnkey arrangements.
- Public sector: acquisition of a £12m property for a mixed-use development including sub-sale of residential land to a major PLC housebuilder.
- Housebuilder: critical time-sensitive refinancing of multi-million-pound development sites.
- Landlord and Tenant: development of a short-form industrial unit lease for use across a large portfolio simultaneously harmonising rent reviews and break options across dozens of units.
- International clients: acquisition of land portfolio including mutual option structure utilising multiple dwelling relief in relation to SDLT.
Samuel Jones is a paralegal in the Commercial Department and specialises in commercial property. He works alongside Jo Knight and John Llewelyn at our Honiton office.
Samuel joined Everys in April 2019, working, initially, at the Taunton office before relocating to Honiton in September 2019.
Cameron Evans-Grainger is a Solicitor in the Commercial Property Department. He joined Everys as a Paralegal in 2016, before beginning his Training Contract and qualifying as a Solicitor in April 2019. Cameron attended Oxford Brookes University where he graduated with a degree in Law with Philosophy.
Cameron advises on a wide variety of commercial matters and his main areas of expertise are:
- Commercial Leases, Lease assignments and advising landlords and tenants
- Agreements for Lease
- Business sales and purchases for a variety of business types ranging in value
- Development land acquisitions and subsequent site set-ups for residential sales
- Purchase of freehold or leasehold commercial premises
- Providing independent legal advice for guarantees
- Agricultural land sales and purchases, including sales by auction
- First registrations and title rectification
- Complex and high-value residential conveyancing
- Lease extensions for both commercial and residential properties
Cameron prides himself on his work ethic and his approachability. In his free time, Cameron keeps himself physically fit, playing cricket and rugby for Sidmouth as well as regularly running and cycling in East Devon.
Jo joined Everys in 2010 as a commercial property lawyer having previously worked in London for a large investment bank. Her caseload includes a wide-range of commercial and property work including the sale and purchase of land and property, easements, options, conditional contracts, commercial leases, promotion agreements and commercial developments.
Jo has strong long-standing relationships with many of her clients. She enjoys the day-to-day challenge of applying her practical knowledge and experience, and working towards achieving positive and pragmatic results.
Andrew Green leads our Company/Commercial team. Having honed his business law skills over many years in London advising public and private companies, he went on to set up his own legal practice in the country.
Andrew has a wealth of experience advising owner-managed businesses and understands the hurdles – not least from running his own business. He is particularly interested in supporting family businesses to survive, grow and hand on to the next generation.
Andrew is also a member of our Farming and Rural Business team. He has many years’ legal experience advising farmers in buying, selling and leasing land, and diversifying into processing, retail and leisure businesses.
- Acquiring the assets of a specialist engineering company in the Home Counties.
- Selling the shares in an estate and lettings agency company to a FTSE quoted company.
- Advising on and drafting the documentation for a management buy-out in the construction sector.
- Assisting the shareholders in various family run companies plan for succession .
Farming and Rural:
- Advising a client on farming partnership issues, the transfer of the farm and succession planning matters.
- Acting for a farming client in the grant of an option for residential development on part of the farmland.
- Assisting with the financing and development of a country house hotel and dealing with related easement and restrictive covenant issues.
- Acting for a client in a management buyout of a business in the brewing and drinks sector.
Charles Cuthbert is the Senior Partner at Everys. He joined the firm in 1980 and has recently returned to our Exmouth office, having overseen the Dubai office for almost 10 years.
Charles handles all types of property transactions as well as some private client work. He is also a Judicial Officer dealing with disciplinary hearings in rugby for the RFU, the PRO14 league, Asia Rugby and World Rugby.