Qualified for over 30 years, Stephen Beverley specialises in advising companies and individuals on employment law, commercial litigation and dispute resolution, as well as advising directors, shareholders and companies on a wide range of commercial matters from shareholder agreements to terms and conditions.
An accredited mediator, Stephen has acted in a wide number of disputes for both claimants and defendants in the High Court, Chancery Division and Court of Appeal. He has extensive experience in sports and media law and has acted for clients in copyright disputes and injunctions. He has also represented celebrities and sports people in libel actions against the national press.
Stephen joined Everys in 2015 as a Consultant in our Commercial department and is based at our London office. He is considered a first-rate solicitor who has an excellent rapport with his clients.
Jo joined Everys in 2010 as a commercial property lawyer having previously worked in London for a large investment bank. Her caseload includes a wide-range of commercial and property work including the sale and purchase of land and property, easements, options, conditional contracts, commercial leases, promotion agreements and commercial developments.
Jo has strong long-standing relationships with many of her clients. She enjoys the day-to-day challenge of applying her practical knowledge and experience, and working towards achieving positive and pragmatic results.
Andrew Green leads our Company/Commercial team. Having honed his business law skills over many years in London advising public and private companies, he went on to set up his own legal practice in the country.
Andrew has a wealth of experience advising owner-managed businesses and understands the hurdles – not least from running his own business. He is particularly interested in supporting family businesses to survive, grow and hand on to the next generation.
Andrew is also a member of our Farming and Rural Business team. He has many years’ legal experience advising farmers in buying, selling and leasing land, and diversifying into processing, retail and leisure businesses.
- Acquiring the assets of a specialist engineering company in the Home Counties.
- Selling the shares in an estate and lettings agency company to a FTSE quoted company.
- Advising on and drafting the documentation for a management buy-out in the construction sector.
- Assisting the shareholders in various family run companies plan for succession .
Farming and Rural:
- Advising a client on farming partnership issues, the transfer of the farm and succession planning matters.
- Acting for a farming client in the grant of an option for residential development on part of the farmland.
- Assisting with the financing and development of a country house hotel and dealing with related easement and restrictive covenant issues.
- Acting for a client in a management buyout of a business in the brewing and drinks sector.